Powersports In Colorado Springs
If you plan on taking your snowmobile across snowy mountaintops or driving across the water on your jet ski in the summer, you will need powersports insurance. At Mountain Insurance-Montrose, we work with drivers throughout Glenwood Springs, Colorado to provide affordable policies and reliable coverage.
What Does Powersports Insurance Cover in Colorado Springs?
Powersports insurance can cover a range of vehicles, such as snowmobiles, personal watercrafts, jet skis, ATVs and UTVs. Coverage available under a full coverage powersports insurance policy may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage covers damages to your recreational vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, falling objects, theft or vandalism.
- Collision Coverage covers damages to your recreational vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause to someone else while operating the recreational vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage covers you and your passengers’ medical bills after an accident, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist covers expenses related to an accident involving a driver who is not carrying insurance.
- Roadside Assistance/Trip Interruption covers expenses related to breaking down on the water, road or snow, such as unexpected breakdowns, running out of gas, and needing to be towed.
There is additional insurance available specifically for certain vehicles. Trailer insurance can cover the trailer attached to your vehicle that transports your boats, jets or snowmobiles. You can also get additional coverage for items you may leave on the vehicle or certain expensive attachments that are damaged or stolen.
Ask a Mountain Insurance-Montrose agent about adding important coverages to your vehicle.
Insure With Mountain Insurance-Montrose
Protect your unique vehicles through Mountain Insurance-Montrose today. Call (970) 901-0062 or fill out an online quote form to find affordable insurance and quality customer service today.
Common Powersports Colorado Springs Questions
Depending on your vehicle, insurance may be required. Vehicles like motorcycles frequently require insurance, while boats generally aren’t required to have coverage according to state law. State law isn’t the only factor to consider when deciding whether you need insurance, however. Driving a powersports vehicle without insurance can lead to significant claims and losses after an accident.
To purchase powersports insurance, you must pay monthly premiums in exchange for coverage. Claims must be filed through your insurer, after which an underwriter will investigate the claim. Once the claim is approved, you will receive compensation based on your policy.
Snowmobile insurance works much the same as a typical auto insurance policy. It can cover damages to your snowmobile, liability and injuries you or your passengers may face.
Jet skit insurance is not required by Colorado state law. It is still recommended to protect you and your passengers, however.